Before the installation is started, it must be ensured that the correct conditions are met. If this is not the case, smooth operation of the system cannot be guaranteed.
1. system requirements demo VM
In order for a demo VM with XELOS Social Workplace to work well, the following minimum hardware requirements must be met:
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 CPU core
- 40 GB HDD (Recommended SSD)
The following TCP ports should be open in the firewall to use the demo VM outside the VM environment:
- TCP/80 (web interface without SSL)
- TCP/443 (web interface with SSL)
- TCP/22 (OPTIONAL - SSH access is disabled by default)
Please note that the demo VM is a trial version. The range of functions is limited and the use is intended for testing with a maximum of 3 users.
2. system requirements productive system
XELOS needs its own server with ROOT rights and shell/SSH access. An installation on a shared host is usually not possible.
System Requirements Software:
- Linux OS with ROOT Shell (SSH) access (recommended: RHEL7/CentOS7)
- Web server with alias support (recommended: NGINX)
- PHP 7.1 with current ionCube Loader Extension
- MySQL (5.6+)
Minimum hardware requirements:
- 4 CPU cores
- 8 GB RAM
- SSD based HDD for the application
Since XELOS installations differ depending on the number of users and the usecase, no general hardware requirement can be created. For more details see also: XELOS Install Guide or a request to email@example.com.
3. system requirements client side
XELOS Social Workplace is a browser-based application. As Internet standards are rapidly evolving, it is important that users always use an up-to-date version of their preferred browser. Since it not only has security but also functional effects, the browser used must have at least the following version:
|MS Internet Explorer||https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/internet-explorer.aspx|
XELOS Social Workplace is always tested for compatibility and works on older browsers as well. There it can come however optically and functionally to errors for which no support is provided.