Install XELOS via VM
- Quick and easy setup
- Get started
- Most important applications are pre-installed
A license is required to run XELOS Social Workplace.
VMX & OVF Virtual Machine
To start XELOS as a classic VM, simply follow these steps:
Prerequisite for the use of a Hyper-V image:
- Hyper-V must be added via Control Panel > Programs > Enable or Disable Windows Features.
- As long as Hyper-V is activated VMware can NOT be used!
Using the Hyper-V image:
- Download the .VHD image from www.xelos.net/download
- Start the Hyper-V Manager.
- Create a new external virtual switch under Action> Virtual Switch Manager and select the network card of the host computer here.
- Create a new Generation 1 VM.
- Select the downloaded image under Connect virtual hard disk.
- Open the settings of the newly created VM and check that no network card has been added.
- Add an older network card to the new VM via Add Hardware and select the created External Switch for it.
- The VM can now be started in the Hyper-V Manager.